ZigBee and Wi-Fi work side-by-side, even in the same product, in buildings and homes around the world. Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for small companies with proprietary technology to attack standards through the use of questionable and unverifiable data. Some companies only offer single channel, proprietary solutions and are limited to use only in certain countries. ZigBee is a robust, global technology that works as promised and operates in the most challenging of environments. Consider the following:
- ZigBee is based on the IEEE 802.15.4 standard created and maintained by hundreds of engineers
- ZigBee has 16 channels in the global 2.4 GHz frequency band giving it plenty of room to operate successfully.
- ZigBee members regularly show their products around the world at largest and most wirelessly congested tradeshows: CES, Electronica, Hannover Messe, to name a few. These shows often have dozens of Wi-Fi networks, Bluetooth devices and other RF traffic that sometimes challenges those technologies to perform, yet ZigBee devices work as promised.
- Our members have thoroughly and independently investigated ZigBee before investing large amounts of time, effort and money to develop new ZigBee products and services.
- ZigBee performance is verified by independent labs that test, verify and certify ZigBee platforms and products.